Content - Get your answers here about this task and project management system

Message Board

Welcome to the message forum section. Please register - after that you'll be able to post to our forum. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

Forum » todoyu » General

Subtask / Child task numbering

Pooshon Banerjee Pooshon Banerjee Topic creator registered since: 15.09.2011 Posts: 31
Written on: 18.01.2012 | 07:20
Hi,

I was wondering if todoyu offers outline numbering, I tried in many ways but could not achieve.

Let me explain:

There is a task and the number assigned by the tool to that task is 5.5 (5 being the project number).
Now I add a child task to this task, so the number I expected was 5.5.1 but instead of that it became 5.6.

Same is with containers, adding tasks to the container does not change the numbering style.

Please suggest, if it is possible.

Regards

Pooshon
Kay Stenschke Kay Stenschke registered since: 27.11.2009 Posts: 135
Written on: 18.01.2012 | 09:22
Hi Pooshon,
i agree that the way of numbering you're suggesting might add to making the task hierarchy more clear, but than the option of moving tasks from one parent (inside the same project) into another one would have to be removed.
The numbering system of todoyu is a compromise- the first digit does in fact stand for the project (as this mostly does not change anymore), the task number digit is just an enumerated number- this way we're granting task numbers being static per project, meaning a task number of a project, communicated e.g. in an email is garanteed to stay the same in the future.

Greetings, Kay

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 18.01.2012 at 09:25.]

User login

Enter your username and password here in order to log in on the website:

Login

Forgot your password?

No account yet?

Create your todoyu account now

What is this account needed for?

• Post to the message board
  • Receive newsletters
  • Become part of the community